Sr. Electrical Designer
Offshore, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
For our clients Electrical, Instrumentation & Control section we are looking for an experienced Electrical designer with an eye for detail who would like to strengthen our team. As Electrical designer, you deliver the design of the Electrical scope of work of any project, in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning.
Your role will be focussed on Electrical design for FPSO, Renewable and SPM projects and is a great opportunity for an Electrical designer with relevant experience to join our organisation with challenging new projects. In projects you report to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, setbacks and concerns and signal technical risks and anomalies in projects. You are hierarchically reporting to the Section Head EI&C.
You have to work with available software as AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, and our in-house made engineering tool PinDB based on object database ZODB, and developed in Python. We also work with 3D models made in PDMS, Inventor, Plant3D, and/or Acad3D and this modelling will be your work too.
You are motivated, enthusiastic, have a healthy amount of common sense and be eager to learn and develop your skills within, but also outside your comfort zone. You have a creative mind and have good analytical skills. You also have adequate communication skills in English, both written and verbally.
A Designer with a pragmatic and operation minded approach. You show creativity, flexibility and initiative. A good communicator who has a pragmatic approach and who can share expert advice in a business appropriate, but pleasant style.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a Technical Secondary education with appropriate experience.
- + 8 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering and design in the oil and gas industry.
- Computer literacy for document processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- You are able to travel and willing to perform activities abroad (onshore, construction sites).
- You have good communication skills and good understanding of the English language, verbally as well as in writing. Dutch is a plus.