Lead Engineer Piping
Industry, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Are you an experienced Lead Piping Engineer and looking for challenges?! Or have you, as an engineer, already had the extra responsibility and are you ready for the next step? Then we are looking for you! To strengthen our Piping department in Schiedam for the long term, we are looking for a Lead Engineer.
What are you going to do?
As a Lead Piping Engineer you will have an active and challenging role in engineering projects. Your work is diverse. This way you agree with the customer (s) what the assignment will be on a technical level in combination with the various preconditions such as planning, reporting, delivery dates, etc. You are then responsible for the division of work and planning of the project and you support Engineers and/or Designers where necessary. You also consult with other departments/stakeholders. You are also involved in the preparation of conceptual and complex designs and you check all common Piping drawings, designs and calculations of colleagues. Ultimately, you take care of the packages to be delivered that correspond to the customer specifications (applicable quality standards, specifications, etc.). You manage and maintain the relationship with the customer(s) and supplier(s) from A to Z. Efficiency, safety and sustainability are the most important aspects that come back during your work.
What do you bring?
- Demonstrable experience as a Lead Engineer within the field of Piping or as an engineer with managerial responsibilities;
- Minimum hbo working and thinking level;
- Knowledge and experience of design packages such as; Plant 3D, E3D and PDMS is certainly an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of ASME and Euronorm materials is an advantage as well as knowledge of stress calculations.
- A high sense of responsibility for the customer, your project(s) and the team;
- Good communication skills, preferably in both Dutch and English.