Lead CSA Engineer
Area of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Our client is proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects they execute. They are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so that their employees and stakeholders can benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Scope of Activities
Our client is focusing on developing long-term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the (South) West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. Our client has the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to their clients/projects. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The Civil Structural group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support the clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in the taskforce is essential.
The Civil Structural Engineer will be responsible for Civil and Structural Engineering and Design services for a large variety of brown field and revamp facilities for petrochemical, oil, chemical gas and industrial services. These services comprise of conceptual design, project specifications, basic engineering, extend basic engineering and detailed design and engineering.
In addition regular contract with Client and or Owner representatives, consultants, specialist, vendors and construction contractors for coordination, classification and guidance regarding CSA design, engineering and construction activities.
- Demonstrate and maintain effective Client relationships.
- Maintain effective relations with other disciplines and provide guidance/assistance to younger engineers.
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner, using email, letters, and minutes of meeting and/or reports.
- Prepare man-hour and material estimates, and monthly budget reports for all engineering efforts.
- Travel, as required, to ensure the successful execution of project and/or department goals.
- perform technical bid evaluations of received bids of suppliers.
- Perform checks of vendor documents and checks of drawings from other disciplines.
- Multi-disciplinary project requires pro-active attitude and basic knowledge of other disciplines such as piping and mechanical.
- 8-15 years of work related engineering and design experience.
- Has good theoretical and practical knowledge of civil, structural and geotechnical structures and engineering.
- Practical field and construction experience.
- Perform calculations for foundations, concrete, and steel structures with computer analysis software, preferable SCIA engineer.
- Is able to interpret geotechnical reports.
- Understanding of pertinent design codes (Eurocodes, NEN8700 serie) and goverment regulations and industry practices.
- Experience with FEED/Basic projects as well as detailed design project execution.
- HBO civil or equivalent.
- Strong pro-active team player with good technical and communication skills (both speaking and writing).
- Candidates shall be fluent in Dutch and English.
- written and verbal communication with our clients is in Dutch and/or English.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be able to multi-task between several projects.