ICET Instrumentation Engineer
Offshore, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
- Understands the requirements for Instrumentation performance, owns KPIs and surveillance requirements.
- Focal point for external stakeholders including technology, supply chain, maintenance, group, LL, OIPOC, all AI pillars, fleet.
- Ensure continuous improvement of their scope for the existing fleet and new builds to increase safety, sustainability, and efficiency.
- Ensure continuous improvement of their scope for the existing fleet and new builds to enhance Digitilisation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Smart Operation Production and Maintenance & Reliability Hubs Roadmaps boosting efficiency and uptime of the system/systems they are responsible for, through monitoring, surveillance, and predictive technologies.
- Implement existing Instrumentation Strategies, Processes and Governance provided to shore bases whilst utilising best practices on regulatory requirements and engineering design.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes, governance, and operation strategies.
- Ensure technical support is provided during WIN, EXECUTE, START-UP and OPERATE phase
- Ensure adherence through regular audits and contribute to Continuous Improvement of processes and systems.
- Drive compliance to IEC 61511 Functional Safety fleetwide.
- Drive completion of GTS Alerts and Safety Alerts fleet within his scope of expertise.
- Monitor industry developments and alerts in terms of Instrumentation technologies.
- Own and be main end user of company OT Instrumentation monitoring tools.
- Ensure equipment obsolescence is managed across the fleet to prevent any operational or maintenance impact.
- Develop and maintain operation strategies for Instrumentation.
- Develop and sustain an Instrumentation community with the regions and coordinate with regional discipline.
- Establish performance baselines and map performance improvements vs initiatives deployed on each unit.
- Built up comprehensive and exhaustive Instrumentation dashboard and KPIs to monitor performance, assess weakness & strengths, track key initiatives or OQs to improve performance.
- Define and drive initiatives to improve Instrumentation performance
- Contribute to the development of new governances and update existing ones to improve performance.
- Guide the OIPOC Production / Maintenance & Reliability Hub Coordinators with priorities and support the DIGITAL TEAM in the deployment of new apps and new ways of working.
- Participate to RAVA audits for Instrumentation and mobilize offshore as necessary. Participate to RAVA audits action management.
- Generate Safety Alerts and Safety Flash as required.
- Track and report progress for GTS Alerts and Safety Alerts actions. Drive regions toward actions close out.
- Generate and implement lessons learned initiatives across the fleet as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic suppliers within his scope of competence.
- Define scope of OEMs support and healthcare contracts within his scope of competence.
- Liaise with Ops readiness, Supply chain, Discipline leads and OEMs to ensure key OEMs Support & Health care contracts within his scope of competence are defined and in place prior to start-up.
- OIPOC/DIGITAL Product Owner as required for relevant existing applications and new developments
- Ensure fleet compliance to IEC 61511 Functional Safety:
- Implementing compliance check procedures in CMMS.
- Carrying out offshore audits as required.
- Reviewing new project and operating unit assessment reports
- Awareness campaigns and further training
- Contribute to develop and update 3Y plans and budgets for the department.
- Implement and nourish a learning culture within the department and the community
- Monitor and identify equipment obsolescence across the fleet, develop equipment replacement initiatives and report findings as lessons learned for new projects.
- Degree qualified in Instrumentation, Computer Science, Control Systems, and/or Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
- Native English speaker or Level C2 Proficient English
- IECEx Certificate of Personnel Competency or equivalent
- IEC61511 Functional Safety Expert Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 12 years in Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Operations with Instrumentation
- Field Experience Offshore is required
- FPSO experience is required
Behaviours & inter-personal skills – Key points
- Open minded with capability to approach problems from a multidiscipline angle.
- Good sense of ownership in the decision-making process.
- High Level of Safety Awareness, proactive, good interpersonal communication, and supervisory/leadership skills with strong commitment to a team culture.
- Excellent soft skills and team spirit.