Engineering Data Engineer (Aveva)
Offshore, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands
The Engineering Data Engineer is accountable for the planning, execution, and closeout of the engineering data work for a project or proposal. As the Engineering Data Engineer, you will be accountable for the engineering data quality, integrity and consistency across the various engineering applications. You work across all engineering disciplines to ensure the engineering data are completed on time, on budget, and on quality and in accordance with all safety and regulatory requirements. As the Engineering Data Engineer, you ensure the engineering data meet the project, Client and internal requirements.
Task & Responsibilities
- Develop the Project Engineering Data Management Plan, as per internal standard requirements, by understanding and evaluating the project requirements.
- Ensure the project team is fully aware of Client-, Project- and Internal requirements and the Project Engineering Data Management Plan.
- Communicate and promote the Project Engineering Data Management Plan scope, strategy and execution roadmap constraints and ways of working to the engineering team.
- Set team standards for data quality and deliver data that meets project needs, Client standards, internal standards and industry regulations.
- Coordinate with Discipline Leads and Discipline Managers to forecast resource needs (staffing, tools, software, etc.) and completion dates for data.
- Partner with Discipline Managers to ensure adequate number of qualified staff are assigned to the project to meet quality, budget, and schedule requirements per the project contract; ensure each team member understands his/her role and responsibilities for the Project Engineering Data Management Plan.
- Partner with the Project Information Manager, to ensure full integration of engineering data into the overall project information.
- Work as a member of the Project Management Team to deliver an integrated engineering design in a safe manner and to the agreed budget, schedule and quality.
- Manage the engineering data management scope, including staff and engineering subcontractors, to ensure the work is completed as per the Project Data Management Plan.
- Manage and control the integrity of the engineering data structure in compliance with internal standard data model.
- Manage and control the engineering data workflow and data exchange in compliance with the Management System (GEMS) process, instruction and guidelines.
- Coordinate with IT/EAS or hardware/software issue resolutions, interface with tool supplier to help resolved issues raised by project team.
- Identify, define, and manage all risks relevant to the engineering data management.
- Report progress and forecast for engineering data in line with project requirements and develop mitigation measures, in conjunction with management, to ensure delivery on quality, on budget and on schedule.
- Manage and monitor all data interfaces with Client or other third parties to ensure requirements are addressed.
- Manage interface with data/information managers of others Project disciplines to ensure compatibility and consistency of data at overall project level.
- Perform the Engineering Data close out and ensure that input to the formal engineering closeout report is provided.
- Record baseline and changes in engineering data in following the MOC processes.
- Partner with the Change Manager to ensure MOC is followed in the performance of engineering data work and provide engineering data to all changes.
- Proactively seek inputs from all engineering Disciplines for MOC data input opportunity and validity.
- Develop engineering data quality objectives for the project with new or updates KPIs to reflect the project engineering data management status
- Collect Lessons Learned throughout the execution of the Project Engineering Data Management Plan
Education & Experience
Our client is looking for candidates with a B.Sc or M.Sc degree in a relevant engineering discipline, such as Mechanical, Electrical/Instrumentation. You have 10 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Upstream industry and EPC projects. Preferably, with some experience in FPSO & Offshore projects.
In addition to this, you have also experience with collaborative software tools to combine 2D/ 3D drawings & P&ID packages in the data managing system (Aveva).
What do we offer
We offer you a job with a high level of diverse tasks and responsibilities in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and challenging opportunities for growth.
Our recruitment process
When we see a possible fit we will arrange for a telephone interview as a first step in the process. If this telephone interview is successful, we will invite you for a face to face interview; in most cases there will be two rounds of these interviews. When needed, because of distance / different locations, we will arrange for a virtual interview. During the application process you will have the opportunity to ask us any further questions about the role, the organization, and benefits.