Senior Naval Architect
Offshore, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Are you a Senior Naval Architect with experience in the Offshore industry? Then we are looking for you!
As a Senior Naval Architect, you are responsible for delivering the engineering output in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning. You may work as part of a team or lead a team yourself. You report to the Lead or Project Engineer on progress/setbacks and assist in obtaining client and third party approval on the project. You signal technical risks and anomalies in projects to your Section Head.
Your assignments will include guiding, reviewing and performing structural analyses by hand, in FEMAP, SDC Verifier or other software. You design cost-effective structures and report the results for class and client approval. Additionally you may need to perform buckling, non-linear analysis, spectral fatigue analysis or transient analysis. Support in other naval architectural work may be occasionally requested (hydrostatics, hydrodynamics, arrangements, yard support, etc.).
- We are looking for an analytically strong engineer who can act independently as well as in a team. You show ownership, have a creative mind-set and enjoy solving problems. You are an enthusiastic Naval Engineer who brings in knowledge/experience to perform (often complex) structural analysis and make structural designs, improve our standards and tools.
- Master’s degree in Offshore Floating Structures, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace engineering.
- Over 8 years of experience in finite element analyses and structural designs (preferably in the offshore industry).
- Knowledge of relevant international design codes and standards (ABS, BV, DNV, LR, HSE UK, SOLAS, etc.
- Experience with different programming languages (e.g. Visual Basic, Matlab, Python).
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.