Offshore, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
In the role of Senior Piping Designer you are responsible for the development of the Piping Design of Topsides Process Modules for large FPSO projects. The clients in house engineering mostly consists of basic or FEED engineering.
Our client is looking for candidates with a Technical education at BSc level or adequate relevant experience in this discipline. You have min. 8 years of experience in Pipe Support Design in similar positions.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Proficient in executing work using intelligent 3D CAD systems like PDMS, E3D & MDS. Experienced in using AutoCAD.
- Work with Lead, engineers to develop concepts/Conceptual studies, Equipment Layouts/ Safety & Escape Route Layouts for piping designs effectively meet project requirements.
- Extraction/Preparation of Equipment layout drawings, Piping GADs, Safety layouts, Special Pipe routes.
- Modelling of Pipe routing in E3D in line with industry standards, and client specifications.
- Extraction and annotation of Isometrics and layout drawings from 3D PDMS Model.
- Review of Vendor drawings and implement in design.
- Co-ordinate with Inter-disciplines in timely manner to avoid rework for finalizing the Piping design.
- Prepare MTOs-Piping Bulk.
- Plan and deliver assigned tasks accurately within the agreed time frame.
- Prioritize activities and effectively manage conflicting deadlines ensuring continued progress to meet the schedule. Proactively provide Lead Designer with status updates.
- Good knowledge on international codes & standards.