Area of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Our client is looking for a Material Engineer to work on a technically challenging project.
The Material Engineer is a specialist within the Piping Scope of the project, with the responsibilities to select, identify and specify correct materials to tick all design parameters (temperature, pressure, corrosion, erosion). The professional familiar with material availability, manufacturing practices and guidelines, quality control, metallurgy, piping fabrication, assembly/erection, nondestructive examination, welding and heat treatment.
- Utilize discipline knowledge and experience of engineering principles, procedures and materials to ensure the engineering design is translated into specifications, drawings, datasheets and purchase orders.
- Prepare Piping Material Take-off and material estimates.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Develop and review piping line classes.
- Prepare purchase descriptions of bulk and special items.
- Perform calculations of pressure-bearing piping components.
- Deliver a safe, efficient design and meet construction and installation milestones.
- Review of technical documentation, legislations, standards and code requirements relating to packages.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry with either fixed offshore platforms.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Thorough understanding of international codes (ASME, EN, DIN, PED), standards, regulations
- and industry standards
- Excellent technical knowledge and overview within specific discipline.
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English; written and oral communication with our Clients is as well in Dutch as English
- Strong interpersonal skills
Candidate must have a valid EU passport / work permit.