Offshore, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of South Holland, The Netherlands
Are you an Logistics Supervisor with experience in Offshore Oil&Gas Projects? Then we are looking for you!
The Logistics Supervisor is an integral position within the Supply Chain community. It is a hybrid role requiring both Logistics expertise to handle complex logistics matters and management experience in order to supervise and lead the Logistics team working across several large Offshore Oil&Gas projects.
- Support and participate in resource planning and recruitment activities for the Logistics team.
- Assist in onboarding activities and actively train/share knowledge within the Logistics community.
- Manage the Logistics team and lead routine meetings.
- Evaluate and monitor team performance.
- Act as control tower for logistics data completeness by using existing dashboards.
- Perform Continuous Improvement.
- Support the Logistics team with questions, guidance, and step in for escalations when necessary.
- Monitor our client and Freight Forwarder system stability.
- Ensure and support that Freight Forwarder selection is done on a timely manner by the Lead Logistics Coordinators.
- Ensure and support that the Critical Shipment List is actioned and maintained by the Out of Gauge Specialists on a timely manner.
- Maintain awareness with the Project Management Team in relation to the global logistics conditions/industry challenges/risks.
- You are to review and approve the various Logistics Specifications issued by the Logistics teams (Packing, Marking and Shipping specs, Logistics Management Procedures, Export/Importation plans).
- When necessary execute all aspects of logistics operational work (In gauge and Out of Gauge).
- When necessary negotiate and contract freight forwarding services.
- When necessary plan, negotiate, contract and supervise various complex logistics activities/services such as towing services Marine Warranty Surveyor services, Heavy Lift activities, Shipping agent services and Customs Broker services.
- You may be required to travel for witnessing (loading/unloading) or handover activities.
- You will take part in the development and integration or our new ERP system, focusing on the Logistics modules and processes.
- You will work together with internal and external stakeholders for major project milestones such as Offshore Oil & Gas projects importation activities and project equipment handover to Installations Management.
- Qualified candidates should possess at least a Masters degree or higher with a background in Logistics Management, Supply Chain, International Business or Engineering, and have 15+ years of previous project logistics experience.
- You have advanced experience in contract management.
- Proven experience managing a logistics team or department.
- Expert knowledge of liner terms and INCOTERMS.
- Very experienced in handling Out of Gauge transports, chartering and heavy lift activities.
- Competent with customs processes, tax regimes and importation and exportation requirements.
- Fluent in English (both written and verbally).