Offshore, Oil, Gas & Energy
Area of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Are you a ICSS Engineer with experience in Offshore projects? Then we are looking for you!
The FPSOs and FLNGs are monitored, controlled and safeguarded by an Integrated Control and Safety System (which includes the Fire & Gas system). By making use of reputable suppliers, standardized solutions and experienced integrators our client is able to design, deliver and commission the ICSS in a short time and with a high quality. The work scope to achieve this is executed and managed from proposal to commissioning and start-up by the ICSS engineer (s) in the E&I department.
During the proposal / Concept / FEED Phase, the Instrumentation/ ICSS engineer shall:
- Review client requirements.
- Participate in system selection.
- Prepare a system architecture.
- Prepare I/O estimates.
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, our clients standards and Client requirements.
During the Basic / Detail Phase, the Instrumentation/ ICSS engineer shall:
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability.
- Develop a project specific system design with all associated documentation.
- Prepare Hierarchical Shutdown Levels Diagram, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Control & Safeguarding Philosophy, F&G Philosophy and F&G layouts.
- Participate in Safety Reviews and Studies i.e HAZOP, SIL assessment & verification.
- Prepare ICSS RFQ and review vendor quotations and conclude vendor selection.
- Act as package engineer and ensure that the system is delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure package units are properly integrated and/or interfaced to the ICSS.
- Conduct ICSS inspections and tests (e.g Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test).
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, SBM standards and Client requirements.
- MSC or BSC degree (TU/HTS), with at least 8 years’ experience in advanced ICSS systems in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Knowledge of international offshore codes and Equinor standards is preferred.
- Experience with ICSS systems in the offshore oil & gas industry is an advantage.
- A pro-active approach.
- Taking initiative.
- Problem solving and creative thinking.
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written).
- Conversant with MS Office applications.
- Willingness to travel.
- Team player, looking beyond discipline boundaries.
- Safety conscious.