(Petro) Chemical, Industry
Limburg, The Netherlands
Parttime / Fulltime / Freelance
Are you a HSE Engineer with experience of R&D, processing activities and laboratory work processes ? Then we are looking for you!
For one of our clients who is a global leader in diversified chemicals, commodity and high performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metal, we are looking for a HSE Engineer who will be responsible for translating EHSS legislation and company guidelines for implementation.
The EHSS specialist is a member of the EHSS team. He/she reports to the EHSS manager Europe. He/she works with multiple functions, with the EHSS Region Europe Department, the Campus and multiple in- and external Service Providers. He/she is supporting in translating EHSS legislation and company guidelines for implementation, defines and drives EHSS improvement and compliance programs and activities.
• Responsible for translating EHSS legislation and company guidelines for implementation (e.g. SHEMS, Site Regulation, Brightlands Chemelot Campus Regulation, …)
• Identifies gaps and areas for improvement regarding EHSS, defines and drives improvement programs and activities
• Coordinates the certification audits by 3rd parties, review and their follow up – main interaction point for 3rd party auditing
• Ensures compliance to overall company guidelines, coordinates the audits review and their follow up – main interaction point for our client auditing.
• Inform, advise and challenge the management team in order to take SHE performance and behavior in the field of EHSS to a higher level
• Conduct Thematic Inspections and safety operation rounds in order to verify EHSS behavior in practice, actively conveying/passing on information about EHSS standards by highlighting (un)safe situations and actions and providing feedback on these.
• Perform incident reporting and safety operation trend analyses as input for proposals for improvement of EHSS Performance and Thematic Inspections.
• Contribute EHSS expertise in Management of Change, LOTO, JSAs and EHSS Committee.
• Discuss EHSS incidents with Management Team and determining the lessons to be learned
• Conduct investigations of EHSS incidents and jointly providing reports to QEHSS manager.
• Assist EHSS manager in the preparation of and supervision of EHSS audits.
• Discuss and establish action plans relating to EHSS as a result of health and industrial hygiene monitoring.
• Draw up occupational health and safety RI&E in consultation with staff, discussing this with management and staff. Periodically updating this.
• Hold a position of expertise in relation to and assessing substances and exposure to substances.
• Act as an expert advisor for all personnel in relation to EHSS aspects.
• Monitor and assess new and updates of (inter)national standards and legislation in the field of occupational safety, health and industrial hygiene.
• Act as a SHEM Sub Element Administrator for the management system
Education & Experience & Competences:
• MVK, HVK or in higher industrial Hygiene Specialist
• Knowledge of legislation
• Good understanding of R&D; processing activities and laboratory work processes is a plus
• Minimum of 0-5 year’s relevant experience, more experience is also possible.
• Good knowledge about EHSS, Management Systems, Process Management
• HBO communication and thinking level, is a must
• Skilled in coordination and alignment with multi-cultural, international internal and external parties
• Team player
• High Work Standard; good at Planning and Organizational skills